Since its beginnings in 1905, St. Paul’s United Methodist Church has been deeply committed to providing spiritual leadership for the city of Houston. St. Paul’s opened its first sanctuary building on January 31, 1909, at the corner of Milam and McGowen. By 1927, the St. Paul’s congregation had outgrown its downtown space and purchased land in the Museum District where a Neo-Gothic church was built. Designed by architect Alfred Finn, St. Paul’s is one of the city’s most majestic worship spaces. Geer Design developed a book to commemorate the story of its first century of ministry.